MK Tron Group is founded by Dato Muthukumar Ayarpadde, a first generation entrepreneur, who commenced his entrepreneurial journey in 1993 with a commodity trading company in Malaysia. Over the past 24 years, through his leadership, the Group has recorded significant growth to presently comprise eight companies engaged in the manufacturing of:
- Aluminum alloy ingots,
- Extruded brass rods and wires,
- Aluminum and zinc high pressure die-cast and machined components,
- Sheet metal stampings and welded assemblies,
- Ferrous hot-forged and machined parts,
- Automotive jacks, tool kits and sheet metal parts
The Group has manufacturing operations in Malaysia, India and Korea. Two companies of the Group in India are joint ventures:
- UMW Dongshin Motech, the sheet metal and welded assemblies manufacturing company at Pune, is a joint venture with Dongshin of Korea; and
- Kawasaki MK industries, the aluminum die-cast and machined engine component manufacturing company at Bengaluru, is a joint venture with Kawasaki of Japan.
Both the joint venture partners are leading manufacturers with cutting edge technologies in their respective fields. The Group has recently entered into technology partnership with Hanya Seisakusho of Japan for manufacture of automotive clutch and brake pedal assemblies.
In partnership with UMW Holdings Bhd, the group has made strategic investments in Indian companies that manufacture seamless tubular products, and provide onshore rigs and allied services to oil-drilling and exploration sector in India.